About Catherine McLean
I love helping people navigate the job search process because with the right knowledge you can eliminate any doubts and focus all your energy on finding the best fit. Job searching has changed a lot over the years, but it doesn’t have to be a painful process.
I’m here to boost your job search confidence!
I will listen intently to your career story, capture key themes, and help you create powerful job search materials and interview responses. After working with me, you’ll have documents you’re proud of and fresh momentum in your search. Plus, these are job search skills you can use throughout your career, so it’s an ongoing investment.
I started my career in HR at Wayfair, then navigated my own career switch to higher education working at Harvard Business School and University of Massachusetts Lowell. In my private practice, I have worked with a variety of populations across a wide range of industries. My clients have landed amazing roles at companies such as Fidelity, TJX, Perch, and Keurig. I’ve also partnered closely with hiring managers so I know what they’re looking for and what sends them running in the opposite direction! Check out my LinkedIn profile for more details.
Speaking topics for workshops and conferences include:
- Create a Resume Recruiters Read (Not Scan!)
- LinkedIn Check-Up: Is Your Profile Doing Its Job?
- Bridging the Gap from Interview to Offer
- Company Research: What You Might be Overlooking During Interview Prep
- The Six Behavioral Buckets: Your Secret Weapon for Behavioral Interviewing
- Streamline Your Job Search: Get Organized to Get Ahead
- I’m a double Husky! I have a B.S. and M.S. from Northeastern University.
- My husband and I have two young daughters who keep us on our toes!
- Two checks off my bucket list – parasailing & a gondola ride in Venice.
- My previous roles have sent me to the Philippines and Peru!